I have recently fallen victim to the World of subscription boxes. Not only are these boxes a fun convenient way to try new products, but they are typically priced very well. The first thing I would like to share with you is a review of my first Birchbox products.
Above you will find the items that came along in my Birchbox and a brief description and price for the full size.
- amika — Bombshell blowout spray
- This volumizing spray has an excellent scent and while is does work, I do not like it for my flat hair. I have very fine, straight hair. This product increased the speed in which it gets oily (which is already very fast.) I did, however enjoy it when I braided my hair. Sometimes I will braid my hair overnight to give it some waves the following day. I used this spray to help keep the volume in my waves and I had a great hair day, with waves that did not give out!
- Coastal Scents — Blush and highlighter duo
- I LOVE this product. The blush gave my cheeks an excellent color. It is somewhere between a mix of pink and orange, but not too much either way. It had a surprisingly natural look and made my cheekbones pop. The bronzer is excellent as well. The sample size is small, so I was not able to do a lot with it, but I did use it to slightly contour around my nose and jaw and I love it. It is not too dark and noticeable, which is what I prefer.
- R+Co — Death Valley dry shampoo
- I am not a fan of this product. I did not think it did a good job at removing the oil from my hair, unless I used A LOT. As I stated before my hair gets very oily, very quickly, which means I need a product that will do the job with only a little spray. My go to is Sebastian, dry clean only dry shampoo. It is $20 a bottle feels light, but still effective.
- rms beauty — the ultimate makeup remover wipes.
- These wipes are organic and made with coconut oil. Not only are they a good, natural product for your skin, but the coconut oil leaves your skin feeling a little more smooth after you remove your makeup. It takes off the makeup easily, no scrubbing and wiping your face over and over the again.
- The Beauty Crop — GRLPWR lips liquid lipstick
- I love a good liquid matte lipstick, unfortunately this was not one of them. This lipstick is very dry. It has an excellent dark color, unfortunately that dark color did not lie evenly on my lips. It took too long to get a good solid color, once I got a good solid color it started to wear away and looked uneven again. It dried very quickly, making my lips feel like they were in desperate need of some chapstick. I cannot picture myself using this product.
The next thing I would like to share is that I am now an Urbanity2030 ambassador.
Urbanity is a sunglasses subscription box, you can do monthly or every other month subscriptions and they have glasses for men and woman. I will be receiving my first pair soon and will showcase them on my Instagram and twitter — follow me on both at Mariebakerblog !
Use the url Urbanity2030.com/bakerblog to receive 20% off your first month! Tag me and Urbanity2030 online with your awesome new sunglasses!